OmniPage Professional 18
OmniPage® Professional 18 is the fastest, most precise way to convert paper, PDF files and forms with amazing accuracy into files you can edit in your favourite PC applications or archive in a document repository. Superior accuracy and formatting combine with easy-to-use workflow technology to automate all your conversion needs. Whether you want to make paper digital, create batches of PDF files or collect data from filled electronic forms, OmniPage is up to the task. OmniPage provides the speed, quality and features making it the perfect choice for organisations of all kinds.
OmniPage Professional 18 is the Nuance flagship document conversion and scanning application designed to handle high volumes of documents from multiple devices, document archiving to popular ECM systems and document conversion in Cloud storage. OmniPage Professional allows you to turn paper, forms, digital camera images and PDF files into electronic files you can edit, search and share.
Superior OCR accuracy Improved OCR engines deliver amazing accuracy for document conversion and archiving business critical documents.
Maintain perfect formatting Converted documents look exactly like the original and are easier to edit than ever before, complete with columns, tables, bullets and graphics.
Mobile document capture Capture text with a digital camera or iPhone®. Quickly convert your pictures to text documents with Nuance’s most accurate 3D Correction technology.
Works with virtually any scanner If your device can scan then it can work with OmniPage. Mobile scanners, desktop scanners, All-in-one and Multi-function printers all work more productively and with better accuracy using OmniPage
Supports all your favourite applications Supports the widest range of output formats including PDF, HTML, Corel® WordPerfect®, Microsoft Word, Excel® and PowerPoint (pptx), plus many more formats.
Convert documents in the cloud Convert documents stored in Windows Live SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, Evernote, Dropbox and many more. Includes the Nuance Cloud Connector powered by Gladinet.
Batch processing, amazing value Schedule large volumes of files for batch processing from folders or email with unattended automation for real time processing of documents.
Complete forms processing Convert paper forms to fillable and distribute electronically. OmniPage can collect data from PDF or paper forms and export to a spreadsheet or database.
Built-in automatic redaction and highlight Redact or black out confidential text or quickly locate information with highlights. OmniPage can recognise and automatically mark up your text based on a list of key words.
Recognises over 120 languages Process, edit and store documents from anywhere in the world. OmniPage includes the recognition of languages based on the Latin-, Greek- and Cyrillic alphabets as well as the Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages.
- Amazing 67% increase in layout accuracy
- 34% increase in character accuracy on scanned halftone images
- 20% increase in Japanese symbol accuracy
- 27% average speed increase in processing multi-page documents
- 62% improvement in compression on Searchable PDF-MRC files without loosing character accuracy
Additionally, If you are upgrading from version 17, you benefit from the following innovations.
- Start Page provides guidance
When OmniPage opens it presents clear options to open or scan documents, open OmniPage Project Documents and provides pre-programmed workflows to take your documents from one format to another in one easy step.
- Most productive and accurate searchable PDF ever - eDiscovery Assistant for searchable PDF
PDF files are everywhere and can come from a variety of sources. They can include scanned pages, embedded images and other types of information. Many of these elements don’t include searchable text. The new eDiscovery Assistant for searchable PDF is a revolution in safely converting a single PDF or batches of PDFs of all types into completely searchable documents. Now you don’t have to open PDF files one by one or use an OCR process that might unintentionally wipe out valuable information.
- Connect and convert in the Cloud
Download input files from web storage sites and return recognition results there. OmniPage provides native integration with Evernote® and Dropbox. In addition, the included Nuance® Cloud Connector application provides access to a number of cloud services including Windows Live SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, Box.net and many more. The added benefit of the Nuance Cloud Connector is its ability to integrate directly with Microsoft Windows® providing easy drag-and-drop access directly to cloud services. The Nuance Cloud Connector is also upgradeable to a more feature rich version of the product called Gladinet Cloud Desktop Pro. This enhanced version adds additional functionality for using cloud services for automatic backup and file synchronisation.
- Better scanned images produces better accuracy - Improved Pre-Processing
The algorithms for removing speckles and dots from page images to help increase accuracy are improved, with a choice of despeckling methods (Normal, Halftone, Salt & Pepper).
- Poorly scanned images need OmniPage with scanner enhancement tools (SET™ Tools)
When whiteboard content is captured by digital camera, the text and diagrams can be enhanced for maximum readability. Auto-crop pages to have margins detected and reduced; the punch hole remover and border tools produce clean page borders without scanning shadows and marginal notes.
- Automatic language detection
Let the program assign a single language to each incoming page during unattended processing. It chooses from the languages with dictionary support that use a latin-based alphabet, plus Japanese, Korean and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified). When this feature is enabled, no manual language selection is necessary.
- Better control over determining blank pages
A new sensitivity setting increases the accuracy of recognising blank pages that may scan as light gray or coloured pages by allowing the threshold for blankness to be adjusted. This improves the use of two controls: the new pre-processing option ‘Drop blank pages’ and the existing saving option ‘Create a new file at each blank page’.
- ISIS scanners:
Scanners that support ISIS drivers can be used to scan directly into OmniPage.
- Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit editions, Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit editions, Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit editions with Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32-bit edition with Service Pack 3
- A computer with a 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or higher or equivalent processor. Multi-Core processor recommended for advanced performance
- 512 MB of memory, 1 GB recommended for advanced performance
- 250 MB of free hard disk space for the application files and sample images, plus 100 MB working space during installation. An additional 230 MB for RealSpeak® Solo speech modules. 150 MB for PDF Create and 500 MB for PaperPort. 30 MB for Nuance Cloud Connector
- 1024x768 pixel colour monitor with 16-bit colour or greater video card
- CD-ROM drive for installation
- WIA, TWAIN or ISIS scanner driver
- 2-megapixel digital camera with auto focus or higher for digital camera text capture
- Web access needed for online Activation, Registration, Live Update and Nuance Cloud Connectors
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer's processor, memory and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large colour PDF files.