Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Premium
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 Premium speech recognition software lets you accomplish more on your computer — quickly and accurately — using your voice. Dragon Premium turns spoken words into text and executes voice commands much faster than you can type so you can realise your productivity potential at work, school or home. Dictate and edit documents, send email, search the Web and use social media with unparalleled speed, ease and comfort. Dragon Premium lets you work wirelessly, transcribe notes dictated on the go and use voice shortcuts to get more done faster. Stop typing, start speaking — and start doing.
Please Note: Electronic Download does not include a headset
Supported Dictation Language: English
The fastest and most accurate way to interact with your computer
- Delivers up to 99% speech recognition accuracy right out of the box
- Talk naturally at normal speeds and your words appear on screen almost instantly, enabling you to dictate documents up to three time faster than you can type
- Eliminate spelling concerns and minimise corrections
- Enjoy superior reliability and performance with Dragon’s strong technology foundation
- Provides a personalised voice driven experience
- Delivers accurate results the more you use it
- Dragon learns words and phrases you use the most, spelling even difficult words and proper names correctly
- Optional advanced training or analysis of existing documents and emails further enhance accuracy
- Smart Format Rules let you work your way; dictate naturally and the text appears as you intended it to
- Dragon just understands you and how you speak
- Performs with fast response times and minimal latency
- Talk at normal speeds and see words appear on the screen almost instantly
- Receive immediate feedback on what you say so you can check it right away
- Never lose a beat in your train of thought; Dragon captures your ideas as fast as you can speak them
Easy to get started, easy to master
Dragon makes it easy to get started with speech recognition and to become proficient quickly with regular use. It’s also simple to explore more advanced features that can boost your productivity even further.
- Fast, easy set-up gets you using speech recognition in no time
- Helpful tutorials make it easy to become productive right away
- An intuitive design provides easy access to a rich and powerful feature set so you can realise ever-increasing productivity gains
Use your voice to dictate documents or enter text anywhere you normally type
Dragon eliminates barriers to productivity and creativity by letting you interact with your computer by voice. It turns your spoken thoughts into text and your voice commands into action so you don’t have to worry about the mechanics of typing and spelling.
- Think out loud
- Overcome writer’s block
- Express yourself more creatively
- Avoid spelling errors
- Capture ideas up to three times faster than typing
- Multitask thanks to hands-free interaction
- Enter text quickly in forms, chats, social media, blogs and more
Edit and format documents — all by voice
Dragon not only lets you dictate up to three times faster than typing, but it also allows you to select text, make edits and apply formatting using your voice to make easy work of document creation. You can select text and apply formatting such as bold, underline, capitals and more, or just speak to make needed changes. Smart Format Rules automatically adapt to how you want abbreviations, numbers and more to appear, so you don’t have to correct them every time.
- Make edits and format text quickly — much faster than using your mouse to select text and the keyboard to type in changes
- Automatically format text to appear the way you want it to — every time
- Easily switch between typing and voice so you can use the mode of input you prefer for any given task
Command and control your computer all by voice
Launch applications, select menu items, execute key functions, switch windows, search the Web, create and send emails and more — all by voice. It gives you the flexibility to:
- Work hands-free, if desired
- Experience more ergonomic comfort when working on your PC
- Feel less stress and strain on your body
- Multitask by using your voice to dictate and execute commands
Enjoy superior voice command and control in many popular applications
Dragon gives you robust voice command and control as well as Full Text Control (full voice-driven editing and command capabilities) within many popular applications you use every day, enabling you to create documents and zip through computer tasks in record time. These capabilities are available for:
- Microsoft Word 2010 & 2013, Microsoft Outlook 2010 & 2013, WordPerfect X6 & X7, Notepad and more
- Outlook 2010 & 2013
- Gmail, Outlook.com, and Yahoo Mail, within Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome
- Excel and PowerPoint 2010 & 2013
Choose your microphone option for freedom and flexibility
With automatic microphone detection, Dragon will conveniently show you which microphones are available for you to use. With Dragon you can also use multiple audio device types within the same profile, meaning that you can easily switch to another microphone while keeping all your personalised preferences for accuracy and formatting. This is useful if, for example, you use a USB mic at home, a wireless mic at school, and your laptop’s built-in mic when you’re on the go. You have the option to use:
- The included Nuance approved microphone
- Dragon remote mic; use your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch (4th gen), iPad or Android smartphone device as a wireless microphone over a Wi-Fi network. To get started, simply use the camera on your device to scan the barcode that Dragon provides on screen and download the free Dragon Remote Microphone App
- Microphones built into many of the latest laptops; you’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset for optimal flexibility and convenience
- Wireless Bluetooth mic; Use a Nuance certified Bluetooth headset microphone for outstanding wireless performance and the freedom to move while working on your computer
- Any other Nuance approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information.
Dictate on the go, then transcribe your recordings
Record notes — anywhere, anytime — while they are still fresh in your mind to produce more detailed reports, papers, proposals, meeting minutes and more. Dragon Premium edition and up support a Nuance approved digital voice recorder for advanced recording functionality or the free Dragon Recorder app on your compatible iOS device. Dragon will automatically transcribe the audio files to text back at your PC.
Import/export custom word lists
Dragon Premium’s vocabulary editor makes it easy to personalise your vocabulary to include acronyms, proper names and other unique or business specific phrases that you frequently use for increased recognition accuracy and fewer corrections. In addition, the ability to import and export your custom word lists enables you to share with peers or co-workers who use the same unique terminology.
Create custom voice commands for inserting frequently used text and graphics
With Dragon Premium edition and up, it’s quick and simple to create custom voice commands to quickly insert frequently used text and graphics. This feature lets you insert email signatures, logos, graphics, boilerplate text and more just by speaking a simple command for significant time savings.
Natural sounding text-to-speech or audio playback of your own dictation
Dragon’s text-to-speech capability is a natural sounding synthesised voice that reads designated text to you, thereby simplifying proofreading and supporting new levels of multi-tasking. With Dragon Premium edition and up, you can also listen to audio playback of your own dictation with the associated text highlighted on the screen.
Even more accurate
- 15% more out-of-the-box accuracy than Dragon 12 – means that Dragon understands you, and you get things done, faster than ever.
- Learn from Sent Email tool now works with Web-based email such as GmailTM and Yahoo! Mail® – you have more potential sources to let Dragon familiarise itself with the words and phrases you might write.
- The new Vocabulary Editor interface makes it easy to search Dragon’s vocabulary, add new words and customise each word’s unique properties.
- The Vocabulary Editor lets you search on not only the written forms but also the spoken forms.
- Smart Format Rules enhancements offer even more hints for alternative word written forms – now Dragon 13 adapts even better upon detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers and more – so your dictated text looks the way you want it every time.
Faster than ever
- Faster processors yield faster performance: Dragon 13 continues to enhance its ability to choose models and parameters depending on your computer’s resources to deliver the fastest performance
Easier than ever to set up
The entire profile creation process is now shorter than Dragon 12 due to the improved out-of-the-box accuracy in Dragon 13:
- For the first profile, it simply assigns the profile name rather than asking you to enter a name – you can always rename the profile later.
- Reading four minutes of text is no longer necessary – Dragon 13 is already accurate right out of the box. You can also go back later to read text to further train Dragon if necessary.
- Dragon 13 no longer asks you to adapt its vocabulary based on documents and emails during profile creation. If you wish to launch the analysis later, you have that option.
Simplified audio setup
- Dragon 13 automatically detects the best audio devices available – you simply select one of the recommended devices that you wish to use
- The microphone check takes a few seconds with just one screen of easy-to-read text
Easier than ever to use
A completely redesigned and enhanced user interface makes Dragon 13 more intuitive and easier than ever to use:
- DragonBar: The new DragonBar provides clearly indicated controls and automatically collapses when you’re not using it, taking up less real estate on your screen. You can use the DragonBar menu to customise its behaviour. If you’re an existing Dragon user and you’re more comfortable using the classic DragonBar, you can easily switch back to it.
- Learning Center (formerly called the Dragon Sidebar): The Learning Center has been redesigned and enhanced. The top panel, open by default, contains essential commands and advice which automatically change as you switch context to different applications.
- Interactive Tutorial enhancements: The Interactive Tutorial has been redesigned and augmented. Its short, progressive simulations now also introduce the DragonBar, the Learning Center, the Vocabulary Editor, and important options, as well as basic Web navigation and use of Web based email. It is automatically presented at the end of the profile creation process. Even experienced Dragon users can benefit from the Interactive Tutorial.
Use the internal mic
Dragon 13 now supports microphones built into many of the latest laptops for optimal flexibility and convenience. You’re now free to dictate documents and speak commands directly into your laptop without using a headset. For the most accurate results, we recommend the following when using your internal microphone:
- Keep your consistent distance from the computer’s microphone.
- Minimise the ambient noise so it does not pick up stray sounds.
Dragon 13 supports dictation with Full Text Control, as well as enhanced Command and Control, with Internet Explorer®, ChromeTM and Firefox®. In order to use Dragon in these supported browsers, you must enable the Dragon 13 browser add-on.
Dragon 13 has Full Text Control in supported text fields on the Web including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9 or higher, providing an enhanced experience when dictating, editing and formatting.
Dragon 13 also has Command and Control for standard Web controls, links, and buttons, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, iCloud®, etc. in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Updated application support
Dragon 13 now supports the following application versions with Full Text Control:
- WordPerfect® X7
- Open OfficeTM Writer 4.1
- Operating System Support: The new DragonBar can be used in both of Windows 8.x interfaces— desktop and modern
- Acoustic Optimization: The Acoustic Optimization process has been enhanced to make it more convenient and easy to schedule
- Canadian English: Dragon 13 now offers support for Canadian English vocabulary
System Requirements: The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
Note: Supports Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013. Does not support dictation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Practice Edition.