PaperPort Professional 14
Last chance, offers extended until midnight on Monday 23th July
PaperPort Professional 14 is the most productive and cost effective way for everyone in your office to scan organise, find and share scanned paper, files and photos. PaperPort Professional 14 combines the efficiency of document management, the convenience of perfectly scanned documents and the power of PDF document creation - all in one easy-to-use application. Millions of people worldwide rely on PaperPort to eliminate paper, get more organised and streamline the way they work.
PaperPort Professional 14 is the most productive and cost effective way for office workers or individual professionals to scan paper, create PDF organise and find and all their important documents using a Windows computer.
Millions of people - including lawyers, insurance and real estate agents, doctors, business professionals and home office customers - rely on PaperPort to eliminate paper and keep their documents and files organised.
Customers use PaperPort Professional to:
- Organise their business critical documents including application files, PDF documents and photos
- Scan paper documents or capture any image using a digital camera, so they are never lost and can be more easily retrieved
- Automatically route scanned documents from network MFP devices to individual desktops
- Create industry standard PDF files from application files so they can be easily shared
- View PDF files quickly and annotate them with comments and stamps
- Combine scanned documents and existing digital documents in one cohesive PDF file
- Quickly move or scan files to and from individual desktops to shared document repositories such as network servers, Microsoft® SharePoint® and many different cloud storage services
Document management your way
PaperPort provides a single way to scan paper, create PDF files and access, view, edit and convert your files on your PC.
Reduce waste, conserve energy
PaperPort is a green solution. Use it to scan, convert organise, repurpose and share PDF documents across the enterprise. End your reliance on printing, faxing and mailing practices that have harmful effects on the environment -and your bottom line.
Create and combine PDF Files
Use PDF Create to easily turn any application file into 100% industry standard PDF files or merge multiple files and formats into a single PDF file.
View, edit and share PDFs faster
Includes a powerful PDF Viewer with more features than the free Adobe® Reader®, so you can view, edit and share PDF documents on your PC like never before.
Protect sensitive documents
Safeguard confidential information and ensure compliance with government regulations regarding document security. PaperPort’s advanced PDF security features, like PDF passwords and encryption, let you control who can access specific documents and who can make changes.
Fill out forms quickly, neatly
PaperPort’s FormTyper feature accurately and automatically converts scanned paper forms into professional looking electronic forms you can fill out online, save as PDF documents and send via email. It automatically recognises check boxes and lets you control detailed form attributes. And transparent stamps are ideal for adding scanned signatures.
Find information instantly
Now you can create searchable PDFs from digital files and scanned paper documents. Just enter keywords or phrases into Windows® or Google® Desktop Search and quickly locate a specific file.
Works with your scanner
Any all-in-one printer, mobile scanner or desktop scanner will work easier and better using PaperPort.
Capture information on the go
No scanner nearby? No problem. Just take a picture of the document with your digital camera and upload it to your favourite cloud service. Plus, you can easily convert pictures of documents to usable text.
Easily route documents from digital copiers and MFPs
Get the most out of your investment in networked multifunction printers/ copiers. Move mountains of paper to any desktop PC using PaperPort’s advanced DesktopDelivery feature.
Convert paper into text
Turn your scanned document images into editable text for popular word processing or spreadsheet software with a simple drag-and-drop.
Manage documents across the network
Send and receive documents to and from a shared network folder or Microsoft SharePoint.
Superior access to PaperPort and Microsoft Windows features
Performing key file and folder tasks is fast and easy in PaperPort. Simply right click on any file to get access to features that allow you to create, convert, edit and manage everything on your computer including add ins to Microsoft Windows such as ZIP file compression/decompression.
PaperPort Professional 14 Desktop Enhancements
PaperPort 14 delivers many significant new desktop enhancements, including:
- The Nuance Cloud Connector application: Now you can gain access to a number of cloud services, including Windows Live SkyDrive, Google Docs, Box.net and many more. Plus, files are accessed in the PaperPort folder directory, so you can scan, stack or unstack PDF files and create PDF files which are automatically uploaded in the cloud.
- Evernote “Send To” Connector: Drag and drop files to the Evernote Send To Connector, create a new note or add the document to an existing note. You can also right click on the Evernote connector and get files attached to any note so they are copied to the PaperPort desktop.
- Enhanced network folder support: PaperPort Professional 14 now takes advantage of fast, reliable thumbnail viewing of documents stored on shared network folders. Additionally, PaperPort Professional 14 locks files in use over the network to prevent problems that may occur when more than one person tries to view or modify the same file.
- Windows file and folder options available directly from PaperPort: In PaperPort Professional 14, the Windows Context menu is supported by right clicking on any file, so you can access Windows or other software and perform key tasks, including compressing and uncompressing ZIP files.
- Scanning improvements: We’ve enhanced PaperPort’s scanning capabilities in PaperPort Professional 14, so scanned colour documents using PDF-MRC compression are now up to 62% smaller than with earlier MRC technology. Other time saving highlights include scan and open a document with one press of a button, create and save default custom file names and create PDF/A directly from your scanner.
- New workspace options for greater productivity: With PaperPort Professional 14, there’s no need to remember where you put a recently scanned or opened file. New buttons have been added for “recently scanned” and “recently opened” documents, so you can quickly jump back to a folder that contains a recently scanned or opened document.
- Scanning improvements: Folder notes for all incoming PDF files: You can right click on any folder in the folder directory and get an option to add notes directly to that particular folder. Now these notes can be applied to PDF files that are added into such folder by moving, copying or drag-and-dropping. This enhancement is useful for applying information to PDF documents that are common to all files in a particular folder, such as contact information (e.g., name, address, telephone number); project or customer IDs; or numbers, reminders, document descriptions and more.
- Improved desktop thumbnails for PDF: In PaperPort Professional 14 the PDF document thumbnails offer more information about PDF documents to save you time and focus on more important tasks. A large information icon now appears in the upper left hand corner of PDF document thumbnails, indicating the file contains keywords and descriptive text. Hover over the icon and it will display the information so you don’t have to open the file.
- Support for Windows 7 Jump list: Now you can use the Jump list for PaperPort Professional 14 in Windows 7 to scan documents or access recently opened or scanned files instantly without having to open PaperPort first. These help you work faster and easier.
- New Scanner Enhancement Tools (SET): The Scanner Enhancement Tools help you create perfect scans right from the start or fix any scanning imperfections manually. New tools to clean edges of scanned documents include punch-hole removal, auto-cropping and border cleaning. The new despeckle feature helps you clean black and white - especially halftone - images from black dots for better image quality and OCR results.
- Support for favourite web page bookmarks: Now you can select from any of your stored favourite web page links using PaperPort 14 and open within your browser application. PaperPort 14 presents you with the list of the saved bookmarks of your Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome browsers so you start browsing from PaperPort.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Intel Pentium compatible or newer CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 700 MB free hard disk space for application files. Additional free space is required for Microsoft. NET Framework 4 and the other prerequisites if they are not present on the system Windows compatible pointing device
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows XP 32-bit SP3
- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit with SP2 or higher
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8 / 8.1 32-bit and 64-bit
Supported Web Browsers (Favourites and PDF Viewer)
- Internet Explorer 7 or above
- Firefox 3, 4 and 5
- Chrome 4 or above
- DVD-ROM drive (required for installation)
Nuance Cloud Connector, Online Activation, Registration and Live Update
- Internet connection and web access necessary
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer’s processor, memory and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large colour PDF files.
Technical Support: Nuance offers technical support via phone and email. Visit www.nuance.co.uk/support for our current support policy.